The Web Developer plays a critical part of PAF’s mission to deliver information, as the person who designs, develops, and maintains all of the organization’s web sites and web based applications for a national audience. This role will be responsible for maintaining the code and content for our existing sites, as well as administer and extend our centralized Content Management System (CMS). Additionally, this role will, when applicable, be responsible for creating new sites from scratch as well as creating templates and modules for open-source CMS’s.
In this role, the Web Developer will be responsible to:
- Migrate non-CMS sites into a single, CMS, such as Drupal, Wordpress, or other chosen technology and add new functionality to CMS by writing or integrating extension modules when necessary.
- Interact with stakeholders, external vendors, partners and/or IT Team to define requirements and scope for new web projects.
- Train non-technical internal customers to use the CMS and other content delivery tools and support them in their use of such tools as needed.
- Implement web projects in the most expedient manner available, whether through the CMS or other web technologies.
- Use SDLC methodology to ensure documentation, all testing/QA duties, change management, or other processes are performed so that sites are ready for implementation.
- Perform graphic design/editing of logos, pictures, websites, etc., utilizing tools such as Photoshop.
- Build web-based applications that integrate with databases such as MySQL, SQL Server, etc.
- Follow architecture standards and code promotion processes.
- Awareness of modern trends in the web development industry, including evolving best practices, coding standards, mobile technologies, social networking, mash-up and web API’s and willingness to keep up with the state of the art technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relative field – preferred
- 4+ years of professional work experience developing public-facing web sites and web applications
- Solid understanding of basic web applications, security issues and common exploits
- Working experience with SDLC
- Expert at resolving HTML, CCS and cross-browser compatibility issues
- Strong focus on user ability, user experience, UI design and aesthetics
- Experience working on different types of web sites & skilled at graphic design
- Good working knowledge of common web statistics tools & basic web trouble shooting skills
- Experience with web services, LDAP authentication, workflow and email integration
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance issues related to HIPAA.
- Ability to effectively use MS Office products
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently and achieve goals within the deadline
This is an incredible opportunity to join an organization that makes a difference! To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: Click Here to Apply
Development Director, Industry Relationships
Patient Advocate Foundation (PAF), a national non-profit, headquartered in Hampton, VA, has been solving insurance and healthcare problems since 1996. Our mission is to eliminate patient obstacles to access quality health care. We provide assistance to patients through effective mediation to assure access to quality health care, maintenance of employment and preservation of financial stability.
The Development Director, Industry Relationships will be responsible for identifying funding opportunities and negotiating support for patient programming offered by Patient Advocate Foundation from national audiences of potential supporters from the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries. Under the direction of and in collaboration with the CEO and President of Operations, this position will be responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance of financial relationships with executives in this business vertical. The position will be directly responsible for securing grants and donations for both the ongoing and expanded support of the PAF Co-Pay Relief program. As well, this position will leverage these donor relationships to introduce and negotiate customized case management and novel patient support partnerships and service agreements by and between PAF and pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. This role will be responsible for traveling up to 40% on behalf of the organization. Additionally, a home-based office location for this role may be an option.
In this role, the Development Director will be responsible for:
- For maintaining existing and secure new funding opportunities for the PAF Co-Pay Relief Program through the identification, nurturing and maintenance of new and existing Industry relationships
- Leveraging co-pay relief donor relationships to the benefit of PAF case management programming, insuring the introduction of case management based services as a patient support strategy and solution for all pharmaceutical partners
- Conducting industry research and analysis and providing the business with recommendations for the development of new Industry relationships
- Identifying, through industry research, known business needs of logical industry partners and create novel approaches to fill needs and gaps with PAF patient program offerings
- Developing a deep understanding of market conditions and competition within the co-pay assistance vertical, providing the leadership in Mission Delivery with insight and guidance around competitive and strategic operational strategies
- Creating proposals and developing presentation and marketing materials required to negotiate new donations for Co-Pay Relief and Case Management services
- Coordinating and/or delivering presentations to potential Industry partners
- Developing all components of the donation agreements and/or service contracts in collaboration with the CEO and/or the President of Operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Benefits Administration or related fields
- Project management experience
- Excellent written & communication skills
- Budgeting experience
- Ability to present information
- 7+ years of relevant experience in fundraising, relationship management, marketing, communication and/or PR
- Pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience
- Knowledgeable in MS Office
- Working professionally at the national level
- Experience working in a development and/or executive role for a non-profit
PAF is pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive benefit package. We are committed to bring financial health and prosperity to the people of our organization which is reflected in a total compensation package. Our benefits include: health, dental & visions options, paid holidays, vacation, sick & personal leave, paid winter shut down, STD/LTD, group life & AD&D insurance, group cancer & accident plans, 401k with matching, and various wellness programs.
This is an incredible opportunity to join an organization that makes a difference! To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
One team, one mission – Are you ready to make a difference?
PAF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Patient Advocate Foundation named one of the "Top 25 Places to Work in Hampton Roads" for 2007 by Inside Business
Smart Money mentions PAF as one of the best part-time jobs for retirees