Patient Advocate Foundation (PAF), a national non-profit, headquartered in Hampton, VA, has been solving insurance and healthcare problems since 1996. Our mission is to eliminate patient obstacles to access quality health care. We provide assistance to patients through effective mediation to assure access to quality health care, maintenance of employment and preservation of financial stability.
Patient Advocate Foundation (PAF), a national non-profit, headquartered in Hampton, VA, has been solving insurance and healthcare problems since 1996. Our mission is to eliminate patient obstacles to access quality health care. We provide assistance to patients through effective mediation to assure access to quality health care, maintenance of employment and preservation of financial stability. To read more about us, please visit our website at www.patientadvocate.org.
PAF is currently seeking a Case Manager to join our team. A Case Manger at PAF serves as an active liaison between patients and their insurers, employers and/or creditors to resolve insurance, job retention and/or debt crisis matters relative to their diagnosis. They seek to safeguard patients through effective mediation assuring access to care, maintenance of employment and preservation of their financial stability. They further explore reimbursement levels for prescribed treatments, research available clinical trials for the patient population and facilitate enrollment into appropriate patient resource programs for both uninsured and underinsured patients.
In this role, a Case Manager will be responsible for:
- Assisting patients with insurance, job retention and debt resolution matters
- Verifying and/or entering data into the Case Management database in a timely manner
- Screening and submitting applications for patients into Medicaid, Medicare, and/or extra help when appropriate
- Directly evaluating and selecting the top plans for patients seeking enrollment into an insurance product within the public, private sector and/or Marketplace
- Researching and applying for financial relief related to cost of living challenges and transportation/lodging needs related to illness
- Determining eligibility and special enrollment guidelines into COBRA or other health plans to eliminate access to care barriers
- Researching various resources to supplement the limits of insurance and/or facilitate access to care for uninsured patients
- Providing assistance in securing and expediting applications for SSDI, SSI, SCHIPS, Medicaid and other social programs
- Appeal denials related to disability and/or health insurance enrollment
- Securing and assisting in the completion of forms; submitting to proper agencies while maintaining regular contact to ensure processing with continued updates provided to patients
- Mediating with insurance companies, medical providers, and/or other 3rd party entities on behalf of patients when necessary to bring resolution
- Delivering electronically or via the mail appropriate packets to patients, including letters, surveys and/or authorization forms, when applicable
- 2+ years of experience in one of the following areas: health care environment, social work or commercial insurance
- Ability to assist patients telephonically and type at the same time
- Skill at exercising initiative, judgment, discretion and decision making to achieve organizational objectives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable in MS Office Suite and databases
- Ability to work independently, remain flexibility and maintain composure under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or social work
- Preferred experience in one or more of the following areas: Healthcare industry, Medicare, Medicaid, commercial insurance and/or Marketplace, Social Security programs
PAF is pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive benefit package. We are committed to bring financial health and prosperity to the people of our organization which is reflected in a total compensation package. Our benefits include: health, dental & visions options, paid holidays, vacation, sick & personal leave, paid winter shut down, STD/LTD, group life & AD&D insurance, group cancer & accident plans, 401k with matching, and various wellness programs.
This is an incredible opportunity to join an organization that makes a difference!
One team, one mission – Are you ready to make a difference?