Home :: Site Map :: Privacy Policy

Patient Advocate Foundation
Phone: (800) 532-5274
Fax: (757) 873-8999
Home > Resources > Access to Care Resources > Insurance Resources > Bankruptcy & Benefits > Page 3

Your Employer's Bankruptcy... (continued)

Where To Go For Help

You should contact the PWBA Regional Office nearest you if:
  • You are unable to obtain information or documents about your benefits or related to your pension or health plan;

  • You suspect contributions deducted from your pay check have not been deposited to the plan, your pension benefits are not safe, or the assets are not prudently invested;

  • You need information and assistance with unpaid health claims or in obtaining a certificate of creditable coverage.
If your pension plan is a defined benefit pension plan, all or a portion of the benefits may be insured by the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC). For further information contact the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, Administrative Review and Technology Assistance Department, 1200 K St NW, Washington, DC 20005 or by phone at (202) 326-4000.

If your health plan coverage ends, you should contact your state department of insurance to inquire about your eligibility to an individual policy under HIPAA.

Go to page: 1 | 2 | 3