A national 501 (c)(3) non-profit charity that provides direct services to patients with chronic, life threatening and debilitating diseases to help access care and treatment recommended by their doctor.
• Sent from your insurance plan to you as their insured member
• Is generated after insurer receives claim information from your provider about your visit
• Shows date of visit and total costs related to that visit
• Summarizes your insurance’s coverage related to your visit, and shares what you will be responsible to pay
• Contains a summary of your total costs accumulated for the current plan year, and your progress towards meeting your deductible and out-of-pocket amounts
• Is for informational purposes only
• An electronic copy is filed online and viewable on your insurance providers website at any point
• Call your insurer if you have questions about the EOB
• Sent directly from your doctor to you as their patient
• Lists individual items related to the services you received from that provider on the day of visit. (If not, you can request this)
• If the provider submitted a claim to your insurance, the bill should show an adjustment or payment related to insurance approved costs for the services you received
• The bill should show any payment you already made, including copayments or co-insurance
• Describes options for bill payment methods and date your payment is due
• Includes bill payment coupon or portion that can easily be mailed back with your payment
• Most providers will include contact info for their billing office to discuss payment options or to clarify questions about the bill and services provided.