Graphic Design Coordinator
PAF is seeking an exceptional Graphic Design Coordinator to join our team in Hampton, VA.
The Graphic Design Coordinator will be engaged as a critical team member within the in-house Patient Education and Empowerment department supporting efforts to maintain and expand PAF’s outward facing digital and graphic materials for educational products, promotions and advertising with particular attention to branding, visual consistency, appropriate corporate voice and adherence to a broad educational distribution strategy.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Works on special projects, initiatives, promotions and other programs as needed at the direction of the Director of Patient Education and Empowerment
- Responsible for creative design including custom layout, icons and visual content using Adobe Creative Suite software maintaining original files in an organized manner
- Create, design and edit visual content for multiple uses including reports, infographics, online images, posters, webinar presentations, email newsletters, flyers, videography, animation, photography, etc.
- Develop custom illustrations, logos and other designs using software with the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
- Communicating with requester about vision and amend designs after feedback, to ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Assist in webinar producer role alongside department colleagues
- Authoring health care guidance text as needed to support department’s educational and marketing content for external audiences in accordance with project goals, including case studies, white papers, print brochures, fact sheets, coordination on project press releases, newsletter articles, web blogs, and other documents
- Author text to support marketing materials including: announcements, promotional text, products summaries, recap articles, etc. using copywriting techniques that gain attention
- Continually seek visual enhancements and improvements for all PAF websites, contributing changes and additions with approval, and ensuring programmatic needs are met
- Contribute to the development of daily external content for PAF on organization’s social media accounts, including marketing PAF to social audience. Post with consistent original voice and content in the line with PAF’s core values and content distribution standards
- Participate with creative responsibility to create graphics, draft content and maintain PAF’s corporate social media accounts with emphasis on increasing patient education project distribution and outreach. Engage with social users within social platforms consistent with department and logo standards
- Manage ads, Facebook marketing efforts and Google ads to increase PAF presence in the correct marketplace. Organize and maintain reports of behavior on social and web properties
The successful candidate will have at minimum:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Communications or related field, preferred
- 2+ years of marketing experience in various marketing strategies (i.e. direct, digital, traditional, brand, community, referral, SEO, etc.) – if degreed. If not degreed, 6+ years of related experience
- Proficient hands-on graphic design experience in Adobe Creative Cloud suite, including: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, PremierPro and Animate and/or Character Animator
- Proficient skills in MS Office products, including: Word, Excel PowerPoint, Publisher, Visio and Outlook
- Outstanding design, copywriting and typography skills
- Knowledge of advertising, print production process and/or direct marketing, including marketing and branding principle best practices
- Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Strong editing skills, i.e., spelling, grammar, punctuation
PAF offers our employees a comprehensive benefit package. We are committed to bring financial health and prosperity to the people of our organization which is reflected in a total compensation package. Our benefits include: health, dental & visions options, paid holidays, vacation, sick & personal leave, paid winter shut down, STD/LTD, group life & AD&D insurance, group accident & cancer policies, 401k with matching, and various wellness programs.
To apply, please send your resume by email to email@example.com, or by mail to: Talent Management, Patient Advocate Foundation, 421 Butler Farm Rd., Hampton, VA 23666. Candidate should be prepared to share a portfolio of previous work.
PAF is an Equal Opportunity Employer