The Coverage Access Guide mobile app provides simplified tips in article form that help patients navigate their healthcare journey, prevent common obstacles and make informed healthcare decisions now and in the future. Content is perfect for both the novice consumer as well as the experienced patient or healthcare advocate.
Modified and Effective: July 1, 2017
By using this Application, or by reaching out to Patient Advocate Foundation, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Policy.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter this Policy at any time. You can find the most recent version of this Policy here, or at www.patientadvocate.org/CAGapp_privacy, with the date of last modification noted above.
Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof on the website noted. You must review this Policy on a regular basis to keep yourself apprised of any changes. If you do not agree to any modifications to this Policy, your sole recourse is to immediately stop all use of all Application and cease any active communication with the Patient Advocate Foundation. Your continued use of any Application following the posting of any modifications to this Policy will constitute your acceptance of the revised Policy. Should you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us at the contact information listed at the end of this Policy. Please note that none of our employees or agents has the authority to vary any of our Policies.
This Policy covers any possible collection, use and disclosure of your information through the Application. It does not cover any collection, use or disclosure by third parties through any Application, Websites, products or services that we do not control or own, such as Apple’s App Store, Google's PLAY Store, or any third party services or organizations that are referred to or made available via the Application or Patient Advocate Foundation, such as the individual charity or healthcare resources. All trademarks, trade names, and logos of organizations mentioned on the Application belong to their respective owners.
1. WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information below through your use of the Mobile Application.
Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you or another person. The Application’s use and potential access to personal information is identified below:
- No personal information is collected or stored by Patient Advocate Foundation when downloading or using the Coverage Access Guide Application to read articles, view categories, save articles, or other educational activity within.
- Required fields provided by users and submitted via available forms within the Application may be collected and used to respond to user inquires. Name and/or email address are the only required fields within these forms and are only used to respond to user inquiries when submitted by user. The submission of forms is not required to fully utilize functionality of the Application.
- Additional content including names, physical addresses, email addresses, telephone, fax pertaining to you or any another person may be used and visible to Patient Advocate Foundation ONLY when provided directly by the user during a specific contact initiated from within the Application, through the available “Ask/Report General Issues” or “Submit Article Request” contact form options within the Application. This potential additional content could only be submitted in general description field within form and not required nor suggested for submissions.
- We collect Personal Information if you provide it directly to us by calling the Patient Advocate Foundation or by reaching out from the patientadvocate.org corporate website. We may also collect Personal Information when you send us messages, comments, questions or suggestions or if you participate in blogs, forums, message boards, chat rooms, profile pages and other services within which you are able to post information, if any, through the Patient Advocate Foundation website or application.
The Application, or any representative of Patient Advocate Foundation, does NOT have access to, nor collect or store any of the following personal information without permission:>
- Your geographic location information or location history;
- Names, physical addresses, email addresses, telephone, fax and other device numbers pertaining to you or another person that is stored within Device;
- Calendar entries stored within your Device;
- Contact entries stored within your Device;
- Information, messages, images, photos, files and other content (including any location information and other metadata pertaining to such items) that you transmit or receive;
- Any information about you or others that may be accessed by our system directly from your device;
- Cellular providers, account information, passwords, and other numbers pertaining to you or another person.
Non-Personal Information. “Non-Personal Information” is information that does not identify you or any other individual, and includes Session and Usage Data, Log Data and Aggregate Information, each as described below.
Session and Usage Data. "Session and Usage Data" is information about your use of the Application, the Patient Advocate Foundation and/or the Site and includes, without limitation, connection and service-related data submitted to us through your use of an Application. Session and Usage Data may includes information relating to the connection request, server communication and data sharing, including network measurements, quality of service, and date, time and location. We also may aggregate Session and Usage data as described in Aggregate Information below. Please note that Session and Usage Data does not include any Personal Information, including selected search criteria, nor does it include Content you may transmit or share through the use of the Application (such as third party usernames, passwords, contacts, calendar appointments, etc.)
Log Data. When you interact with us through use of the Application, our systems may automatically collect your unique User Device number, the IP address, type of browser or operating system you use, and the dates and times of your use (“Log Data”).
Aggregate Information. “Aggregate Information” is data we collect about a group or category of services or Users from which individual User identities have been removed. In other words, information on how you use the Application may be collected and combined with information about how others use the Application, but no personally identifiable information will be included in the resulting Aggregate Information. Aggregate Information helps us understand trends in our Users' needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor the Application.
We ask and prefer that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., medical diagnosis, history, date of birth, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, sexual orientation, criminal background or membership in past organizations, including trade union memberships) on or through the Mobile Application. Should this info be relevant to your request for help from Patient Advocate Foundation direct services, it will be gathered in a secure manner directed by Patient Advocate Foundation professional staff outside of the Application.
2. HOW WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION
Personal Information. We may use your Personal Information:
- to respond to your specific inquiries, fulfill your requests, provide services, or complete transactions you have requested.
- to send you information regarding the Application, changes to our terms, conditions, and Policies and/or other administrative information.
- to resolve problems with an Application.
- to identify you to anyone to whom you share article content or send messages through the Application, your phone’s email, Facebook or Twitter.
- to identify you to other users you identify to suggest they take advantage of certain features within Application or the Patient Advocate Foundation.
Non-Personal Information. We may use Non-Personal Information for any purpose, including for our own internal purposes; to measure traffic patterns; to understand demographics, customer interest, content quality, and other trends among our Users; to provide, improve and modify the Application.
SPECIFICS ON WHAT WE WILL NOT DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
Patient Advocate Foundation will not use your information:
- To inform you of new products and services from us that meets your needs.
- To sign you up to any of Patient Advocate Foundation’s communication and marketing lists.
- To suggest that you use or take advantage of certain features within Application or the Patient Advocate Foundation.
- To better determine your location.
- To Record or track individualized profiles containing activity patterns or a user’s specific activity from within the App
- To Record or store any individualized information related to disease or diagnosis selected from within the Application.
- To distribute, sell, or provide to any partner, subcontractor or outside entity for marketing, advertising or promotional purposes.
- To ask you to create a login or account associated with the use of this application.
- And ask that you supply any form of payment in exchange for use of this application. It is provided to all and any user free of charge by Patient Advocate Foundation, and is distributed through the Apple App Store for iOS users.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED
Your personal information will not be disclosed to any outside source or entity for any reason without your specific approval and prior notification.
Patient Advocate Foundation will comply with all federal and state laws in regards to personal information and non-personal information related to individual privacy, medical information, safety or property and will comply with any legal direction provided to us.
Non-personal and aggregate information may be shared with external partners or third-party entities as decided by Patient Advocate Foundation, to include but not limited to, measuring traffic patterns; to understand demographics, customer interest, content quality, and other trends among our Users; to provide, improve and modify the Application and Patient Advocate Foundation services.
In general, the Application may provide phone numbers or links to third-party Websites, such as national or regional nonprofit, governmental or community organizations, as a service to our Users.
When you choose to access the phone number or click on links of third parties in an Application you may leave the Application. This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy practices of Websites operated by third parties, whether they are linked to or otherwise accessible from an Application.
The inclusion of a link or accessibility of third party Websites does not imply endorsement of such third party Website by us. Some of these third party sites may be co-branded with our name/logo or our affiliated entity's name/logo, even though they are not operated or maintained by us.
Patient Advocate Foundation does not participate in any decisions related to assistance that may or may not be available through any of these third party organizations, and thus has no influence on such decisions.
USERS WITH WHOM YOU SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you share your information or search results through this application. We cannot, and do not, control the information you share with other Users using an Application or how such other Users will use or share such information. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of our security measures.
CHOICES ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Accessing, Changing or Suppressing Your Personal Information. If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as and to the extent reasonably practicable. Again, we cannot remove your Personal Information from the database of any other Users you have shared such information or from third parties to whom you have previously authorized us to share such information.
If you have questions about your Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Patient Advocate Foundation is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your Personal Information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access and use. Please be aware that no security measures that we take to protect your information is absolutely guaranteed to avoid unauthorized access or use of your Personal Information or is impenetrable.
OUR POLICY TOWARD CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE
The Patient Advocate Foundation Application is not intended for direct use by children under 13 years of age. If you become aware that your child under 13 has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account. By using any Application, the Patient Advocate Foundation or the Site, you are representing to us that you are not under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, you are not authorized to use any of the Application and must immediately delete it from your User Devices. We recommend that minors, who are over 13 years old and less than 18 years old, ask their parents or legal guardians for permission before sending any information about themselves to us or anyone else, whether by using an Application, the Patient Advocate Foundation or the Site.
We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes, unless you first affirmatively agree to that disclosure.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits user who are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like more information with respect to your privacy rights under California law, you may contact us at the contact point below. Please reference your request as “California Disclosure Information.”
CONTACTING US / REPORTING VIOLATIONS
If you have any questions about this Mobile Application Policy or our organizational privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
END -- Last Reviewed June 30, 2017