Pediatric Amino Acid and Metabolic Formulas Emergency Assistance Fund
Your child’s health and well-being is your first priority.
We know it has been very difficult navigating the formula shortage, causing worry, stress and unexpected expenses, especially for those parents with children who need specialty formula due to severe allergies and other health conditions and have had to seek emergency medical care for their child.
We are here to Help
We want to help ease some of the burden you have experienced. The Pediatric Amino Acid and Metabolic Formulas Emergency Assistance Fund has been established to provide direct financial assistance to families who have experienced unexpected costs related to an in-patient hospitalization or emergency room visit of a child who is reliant on amino acid-based formulas for nutrition, but could not consistently access them due to the shortage and experienced a medical crisis as a result.
What can the Grant be used for?
- Medical expenses not covered by any other third party payor
- Meals for parent/guardian during hospital/ER visit/urgent care visit
- Wage loss of parent/guardian due to hospital/ER visit/urgent care visit
- Child/Elder Care required for family members during hospital/ER visit/urgent care visit
- Hotel stay for parent/guardian during hospital stay
Note: The grant is not to be used as reimbursement for product purchases
Who is Eligible for Help?
- The patient must have a diagnosis of an eligible condition that requires the use of amino acid-based or metabolic formula for nutrition.
- The patient must have had an in-patient hospital stay or emergency room visit or urgent care visit on or after February 17, 2022, for medical issues that were caused by lack of access to amino acid-based or metabolic formula, including malnutrition, dehydration and issues caused by transitioning from one formula to another.
- The patient must be legal US resident and reside in the US or US territories.
Note: Your child's treating physician will be asked to verify his/her diagnosis, use of amino acid-based or metabolic formula and hospital stay, emergency room visit or urgent care visit as part of the application process.
How Much Help Does the Fund Provide?
- Eligible patients can receive a one-time grant of $4,500
- Awards are limited to one per patient; and
- Awards are based upon a first come first-serve basis for as long as funding is available
How Can I Apply?
Applying is simple and can be done online or by calling the program at (855) 949-3915. You will need the following information available when applying.
- Patient & Guardian (if the patient is under 18 years old) name, date of birth, mailing address, phone number, email address, marital status, ethnicity, veteran status, employment status, and social security or alien identification number (AIN).
- Patient’s treating physician information to include name, address, name of practice, office phone, and fax number
We do the rest. We will contact your child’s treating physician to verify certain medical information to determine eligibility for assistance.
The Pediatric Amino Acid and Metabolic Formulas Emergency Assistance Fund has been made possible through the generous support of